Motorist Passing Behavior

Sadly, Keri Caffrey edited out what I considered the best line in her wonderful video Bicycling In Traffic Is A Dance You Must Lead. It was something like “Your confidence makes them perform better.” I swear I would come close to tearing up at that point every time I watched the video. She told me she edited the entire text to make the video more presentation-friendly. I can dig it.

OK, so my point is that the “confidence” point — especially as it pertains to lane positioning — is as close to a 1-word education in transportation bicycling as you can get. Here’s some video I shot this morning:

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

As I saw at Cycle*Dallas – nice rear fender! Here, another big blank spot. Good thing others pinch your videos or I’d never see ANY of your stuff!

Posted 06 Jul 2012 at 7:50 pm

Steve… Hmmmmmm, I have no clue what’s going on. I’ll ask around.

Posted 07 Jul 2012 at 10:32 am
  3. Chandra wrote:

I see the message “Missing Plug-in”. I wonder if it is a Mac thingy, by chance…

Posted 07 Jul 2012 at 10:48 pm

I’m able to see the videos on my mac, but not my iPhone.

I think it has to do with the embed code. Vimeo’s old code to use Flash. That won’t work on iThings.

Andy, you might find some answers here: https://vimeo.com/help/faq/embedding

Posted 08 Jul 2012 at 9:39 am

Keri… Thanks for that link. I’ll check it out.

Posted 08 Jul 2012 at 11:49 am
  6. John Brooking wrote:

I’m getting the same message as Chandra. Dell Latitude E6500 running Windows XP, Firefox 13.0.1 browser. When I click “Install missing plug-ins”, it suggests Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.262. I’m getting similar problems with other embedded video, now even Facebook. Sites seem to be upgrading their Flash version requirements? That would seem to be a client problem for each of us, not a server problem that you could solve.

(Unfortunately, the laptop belongs to my company, and they took away my team’s admin rights to our machines a month or so ago. I’m told I need to call the service desk to have Flash installed and have a business reason. Fortunately, I think I do, but it’s still a pain, and I haven’t done it yet.)

Posted 08 Jul 2012 at 6:04 pm

Working fine on the home and work computers, both of which are running Windoze 7 Professional.

Andy, do you folks have a three or five foot law? Seems no one got anywhere near you. My theory is that most motorists will key on rider position and provide plenty of leeway. The one or two idiots will not obey the law, even if it is there. Best way to manage overtaking is to take proper lane position.

Posted 09 Jul 2012 at 5:25 pm