Hoofing Sin City

I’m in Las Vegas for an academic conference. This morning I went for a walk — Tropicana to the Convention Center by way of The Strip. Wow, things have sure changed since I was here last (circa 1994). The walking environment is, well, interesting. I’ll have commentary, photos, and video when I return.

Technorati Tags: , ,

You need to reread your April 12 post. ‘Nuff sed…
    ;-)

Posted 16 Apr 2012 at 4:50 pm

I’d be curious as to your point of view compared to this: http://www.maddogmedia.com/outerbiking.html

Posted 16 Apr 2012 at 8:10 pm

Steve… :-) Well, yeah, but I am thinking of doing a little more writing about walking.

Khal… I’ll check it out.

Posted 18 Apr 2012 at 10:38 am

In light of all the Secret Service and GSA revelations, will Carbon Trace remain “G” rated? Or can we assume that what goes on in Veas stays in Vegas? ;-)

Posted 21 Apr 2012 at 8:55 am

Professors of rhetoric or journalism probably can’t afford eight hundred bucks a night entertainment. Frankly, neither could I. That would come out of a grant that paid my salary and that of my graduate student.

Gosh, I remember one night when I was walking home to my hotel in San Francisco during an American Geophysical Union meeting. A couple of fine looking ladies asked me if I wanted their company. I said I could never afford such amenities, but I would buy them coffee at one of the nearby all night establishments. They laughed their butts off.

That Secret Service story is just bizzare. Then again, university professors don’t protect the president and carry guns. I suspect we just don’t cut it in terms of all that macho desirability…”Hey, honey, I can’t show you a throbbing, hot, MAC-10, but boy, can I teach you to write…”

Posted 22 Apr 2012 at 9:44 pm

Steve and Khal… :-) About the only thing that happened in Vegas other than attending the conference and geeking out on the whole pedestrian thing, I was caught on video doing the hustle (that 70s dance) on the Strip after dinner (and drinks). I think it’s now on Facebook :-)

Posted 23 Apr 2012 at 8:13 am